Acceptable Use Policy
This policy ensures that you get to enjoy trouble-free use of our services – and that you pay due regard to the law and the rights of our other members.
1 General Usage Guidelines
This is GCHost's Acceptable Use Policy. It applies to you if you are an GCHost member or user ("you"). It is intended to ensure that your use of GCHost's service is trouble-free and that you have due regard to the law and the needs of other users.
Please read it carefully. It is a condition of your use of our service that you comply with the terms of this Policy.
Please look out for any amendments to the Policy that GCHost ("we") might make in the future. From time to time we will make amendments to it by giving you notice of the change and you will then be obliged to comply with the policy as amended.
1.0 Some General Principles
1.1 GCHost is not responsible for the content of user-originated traffic
- We exercise no direct supervision or control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through our network.
- We do not assume any responsibility for information not sent or authorised by us.
- The responsibility for traffic that does not conform with this policy and all possible consequences lie with the sender of the traffic.
1.2 You are responsible for use of your account
- If you permit others to use our service, you are responsible for making users of the service aware of this policy and obtaining compliance of your users with this policy..
1.3 You are responsible for complying with conditions of use of other networks
- If we provide you with access to a network outside our service, you must comply with any acceptable use conditions which apply to that network.
2. Acceptable uses
2.1 You have responsibilities
- use our service and services in a manner which does not violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- respect the conventions of the newsgroups, lists and networks that you use;
- respect the legal protection afforded by copyright, trade marks, license rights and other laws to materials accessible via our service;
- respect the privacy of others;
- use the service in a manner which does not interfere with or disrupt other network users, services or equipment; and
- refrain from acts that waste resources or prevent other users from receiving the full benefit of our services.
2.2 Use must be ethical
- Your use of our services should be ethical and in accordance with accepted community standards.
3. Unacceptable uses
3.1 You must comply with the Law
- It is not acceptable to use our service for any purpose which violates local, State, Federal or international laws.
3.2 Specific kinds of use are not allowed
- violate copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- illegally store, use or distribute software;
- transmit threatening, obscene or offensive materials;
- engage in electronic `stalking' or other forms of harassment such as using abusive or aggressive language;
- misrepresent or defame others;
- commit fraud;
- gain unauthorised access to any computing, information, or communications devices or resources, including but not limited to any machines accessible via the Internet;
- damage, modify or destroy the files, data, passwords, devices or resources of GCHost, other users or third parties;
- engage in misleading or deceptive on-line marketing practices;
- conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law;
- make an unauthorised transmission of confidential information or material protected by trade secrets; or
- attempt to do any of these things.
3.3 Disruption of the network is not allowed
- distribute messages to inappropriate or unrelated forums, newsgroups or mailing lists (`spamming');
- send unsolicited commercial messages;
- propagate computer worms, viruses and other types of malicious programs;
- make transmissions of any type or quantity which adversely affect our operation or jeopardise the use of our service, or its performance for other members; and
- harass or impersonate GCHost or other users.
3.4 Soliciting members to other services is not allowed
- It is also not acceptable to use our service to solicit members to become members of other competitive information services.
3.5 Resale of our services is not allowed
- Resale of our services to others is strictly forbidden under all circumstances.
4. What we may do to ensure that this Policy is being followed
4.1 We may monitor your account but will respect your privacy
If we have cause, we may monitor the conduct of your account to determine whether this policy is being followed. If we monitor the conduct of your account we will safeguard your privacy unless to do so would involve us in concealment of a criminal offence or inhibit the enforcement of this policy.
4.2 We will make an effort to contact you
If we become concerned that your use of our service may break the law or that you have not complied with this policy, we will attempt to contact you before taking action.
4.3 We may terminate your account and/or notify the authorities
If we believe that your use of the service may break the law or that you have not complied with this policy we may:
- warn you by email;
- suspend your access to the service;
- terminate your account without notice; and/or
- notify and provide relevant information to the authorities, as appears appropriate in the circumstances.
4.5 We will re-establish services if resolution is achieved. If you do not repeatedly breach this policy; if we do not regard an instance of conduct causing our intervention as dangerous or serious; and if the cause of our intervention is addressed and resolved, we will promptly re-establish your service.